Banana split Cake Recipe
A must try Banana split Cake Recipe, with banana, chocolate, and strawberry batters.try it..
* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup butter
* 1 1/2 cups sugar
* 4 eggs
* 1/2 cup mashed banana, about 1 large ripe banana
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
* red food coloring
* 1/2 cup instant cocoa (sweetened)
- Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan or fluted tube pan; set aside. Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside. In large mixing bowl, beat butter on medium speed until light, about 30 seconds.
- Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In medium bowl, mash banana.
- Add sour cream, milk and vanilla; stir to combine.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with banana mixture to creamed mixture; beat well after each addition. Reserve 2 cups batter in 2 bowls -- 1 cup of batter in each bowl.
- Stir strawberry preserves and food coloring into 1 cup of the reserved batter.
- Stir instant cocoa mix into the other cup of reserved batter.
- Spoon half of the plain banana batter into pan. Top with strawberry batter.
- Spoon more plain batter over this. Top with cocoa batter. Bake at 350° for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack, then remove from pan to cool completely. Sift powdered sugar over cooled cake, or drizzle with a chocolate or vanilla glaze.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and sauce, if desired.